Hello Summer… Hello Smiles!

Echo Park is known for their fun, bright collections and whimsical designs and the Hello Summer line is no exception.  It seems every summer they roll out another collection that inspires me to scrap my most playful photos.  But their cute motifs are also perfect for card accents! 

I used the June card sketch from Right at Home Scrapbooking to inspire this birthday card:

RAH June Card Sketch
EP-Birthday-Bird

I chose to make mine 5" x 7" instead of square so I would have more room for the awesome umbrella sticker.  Of course the umbrella had to be shielding something so I added the sweet bird and a flower under it. 
EP-Birthday-Bird-detail1
I used foam tape to give the umbrella a little dimension and added the brad at the top for texture. I also used foam tape under the sentiment sticker.

EP-Birthday-Bird-detail2
And a little twine goes a long way when you wrap it around the card spine a few times.  I just wanted a little extra detail and the bonus is that it shows on the inside of the card too.

EP-Birthay-Bird-detail3
These colors and patterns are guaranteed to bring a smile! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: