Heavy Lifting

Last week I kicked off the first of the “Layout Lifts” over on the Fancy Pants blog.  I used this fun page from Piradee Talvanna:


It struck me as simple but so very fun. I loved the dimensional pennants and the bright colors of Summer Soul.

My layout is a pretty close lift, design wise. I used Time for Spring and some neutrals from Country Boutique and created a more masculine page.

Jess Mutty Live Love Be Happy1

I chose to stitch around each of my flags and keep them flat. I exchanged the filter paper flower for a more masculine accordion circle and switched up the title placement a bit. But ... there is no mistaking that this is a scraplift! My black and white photo looked great with the cool greys from Country Boutique and I love how the colors from Time for Spring pop.

Jess Mutty Live Love Be Happy2
Jess Mutty Live Love Be Happy3
Jess Mutty Live Love Be Happy4

I used bits and pieces of chipboard from other lines as well. So many of the recent Fancy Pants Designs collections can be mixed and matched to get exactly the look you need. 
Thanks to Piradee for the inspiration here. Like sketches, lifts can really get your mojo flowing. The end result can be very close to the original or look absolutely nothing like it by the time you are done, but it is a jumping off point either way. 

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Gorgeous, love all the stitching detail.

LyndaKay said...

Great lift! Love the pp combo.