A Sweet Altered Bird

It had been a long time since I had done a straight-up altered project when I busted out this cute little wooden bird from the craft store.  I got really into it! I had forgotten how fun and creative it can be to start with something basic and make it my own. 

Altered Spring Bird_Jess Mutty_Maya Road 
Maya Road products are always perfect for projects like these.  They have flowers of every shape and color and a bazillion small embellishments to tuck away. 

Altered Spring Bird close_Jess Mutty_Maya Road
Altered Spring Bird detail1_Jess Mutty_Maya Road 
I layered chipboard, kraft doilies, and trim to form a wing.

Altered Spring Bird detail2_Jess Mutty_Maya Road 
I added flowers, fussy cut papers, and other small embellishments around the belly and tufted the tail feathers with a bit of tulle trim and a couple of stick pins. 

She’s just so pretty!

1 comment:

janelle winchcole said...

Hi, WOW!! who would have guessed that this was once a plain wooden bird underneath all its finery. Wonderfully finished project and it certainly does look like you've enjoyed yourself creating it. x